Weddings are an important and emotional time, so by the time the day is here, it’s important to feel relaxed and stress-free! There is no more time left to plan and it’s the time to be excited as family and friends surround you. Here are some tips to help you stay happy and stress free on the big day, as seen on The DC Ladies:
1) Finish all the planning a few days before. By the time the wedding day/weekend is here, you shouldn’t need to plan anything else. But some people are more last minute than others. In order to really be able to relax and enjoy yourself, make a plan to get everything done by the Thursday before your wedding. This means getting any music/song choices to the band/DJ, finalizing tables, plus packing for the wedding day (marriage license, rings, attire, etc.), etc. You’ll be able to start the wedding weekend right and be done with all the planning.
2) Sleep. It’s always important to get a good night sleep, but especially the week-of and night before the big day. After your rehearsal dinner festivities, make sure to head to bed at a reasonable hour to get all the Z’s you need. For ladies, I also suggest sleeping at the hotel or location where hair/make-up is happening and have the stylists come to you. One less thing you’ll need to do on the day-of! Plus, this way you can get a good night sleep and wake up ready to start the day.
3) Hydrate and eat. Drinking plenty of water will be good for your skin, ward off any hangovers and help you start the wedding day off right. If you are drinking champagne, make sure to alternate your glasses of champagne/mimosas with water to stay hydrated. Also, don’t forget to make a plan (in advance) to eat breakfast and lunch! Room service or delivery from a local cafe works well.
4) Create a realistic day-of timeline. Timing is everything on the wedding day. You won’t want to miss something important because you run out of time. So make a timeline ahead of the day and check with vendors that the timing works for all parties. Cushion in extra time to account for general traffic issues and down time so that you aren’t rushing.
5) Don’t worry about things you cannot change. Everyone deals with little issues that come up, and these are usually things you cannot change; there is no point to stress about things out of your control. At the end of the day, remember the most important thing is that you are getting married to your love.
6) Sit back, relax and celebrate with family and friends! Nerves are totally normal and everyone deals with wedding day excitement in different ways. Surround yourself with family and friends who will help keep you calm and celebrate with you. Make a great playlist, tell stories, laugh and get excited to get married!