Earlier this week I shared five of my Top 10 Tips for Stress-Free Wedding Planning, see part 1. If you are planning a wedding, you already know that it’s not easy! But with good vendors and keeping in mind some basic considerations, you may enjoy wedding planning more and feel less stressed during the process!
- Keep it Simple. You do not have to do a million DIY or incorporate a lot of details to make your wedding more beautiful or memorable. Include details that are meaningful to you and easy to carry out (and/or have good vendors to implement).
- Establish your “rain plan” when you book your venue and not after. It rains all year long in our area, and it will be a lot easier if you know the available back-up options upfront.
- Do not hire family or friends. For many reasons, I strongly recommend hiring professionals and not asking family and friends to handle the big responsibilities and tasks that will need to be carried out. In the end, your family and friends can enjoy the party and you will have a great vendor team for your big day.
- Hire a professional wedding coordinator. Many people I know who are married and didn’t have a wedding coordinator all tell me that they really wish that I had hired a professional wedding coordinator, even if they got married at a Hotel or venue with an event manager. A wedding coordinator will work with all of your vendors to carry out the logistics and that allows the couple to be fully present during their wedding day.
- Know that something may not go 100% according to your plans, and that it’s ok. It may snow in March, guests may be late, you may run out of Champagne, etc. At the end of the day, you are getting married to the love of your life, and isn’t that all the matters?