Engagement photos are a great way to remember this special time in your life. They can be a fun way to get to know your photographer ahead of time. Plus the session will help you and your fiance practice taking posed photos before your wedding. Anything goes with engagement photos, you can be as dressed or casual as you’d like, take formal posed shots or take pictures during a favorite activity.
To get you ready, here are some suggestions. These beautiful engagement pictures are of real Bright Occasions couple Jen and Nate, photographs by George Street Photography.
- Consider outfit(s) ahead of time. When choosing colors think about one bright colored garment to stand out, avoid busy patterns. Ultimately pick colors/styles that make you feel comfortable and your best. Try selections on a day in advance to make sure everything’s clean and ironed.
- Coordinate level of dress. Both should be as dressed-up as the other.
- Consider poses from pictures you have seen on Pinterest, The Knot, Facebook, etc. But also go with the flow, some poses/people may photograph differently from you. Let your photographer guide you on this, as they should know what will work best.
- Think about lighting. This may depend on the location, but usually best lighting is early morning or late afternoon before sunset.
- Think about back-drops. When selecting locations, back-drops will play into your photographs. Choose places that are meaningful and beautiful.
- Have fun, it will show! Thes best smile is a natural one. Plan to take pictures doing something fun, such as a favorite activity or sharing a favorite food.
- Try different angles. Take some photos, standing, sitting, walking. Have some that are posed and some of you in a more natural state.
Jen and Nate Engagement Session, Annapolis, MD
Questions? Email me anytime – firstname.lastname@example.org –www.thebrightoccasions.com